The Rancor is a creature that dwells beneath the trapdoor of Tatooine: Jabba's Palace. Though it could not die, such things could not be said to those unlucky units that was grabbed by the mighty hand of the Rancor. The rancor lashes out its surprisingly long arms in front of it, and anyone lucky enough to be at least ten metres away from the creature, or someone that is snatched before the player is spared. If your timing is right, you can simply walk past the creature, unharmed. Due to the creature's immobile position, the Rancor cannot pursue you after you moved past its arm range.
Strategies in defeating a RancorEdit
- DO NOT APPROACH IT!
- The Rancor is completely unkillable, even by a Hero, also if you get within arms reach of it you will die, even if you have an invincibility cheat activated.
- Avoid the floor that leads to its trap.
- The Rancor is (along with the Sarlacc) one of the only two truly unkillable NPC units in the game.
- If a unit is carrying the flag and gets caught by the Rancor, you may be able to reobtain the flag by going around its legs
- Respawning while in the Rancor's hand will cause you to create the "Barfing Rancor" Glitch. During this glitch, the items you drop will multiply, including health and ammo pickups.
- Only the Droideka and the Recon Droid are immune to the Rancor's attack, despite the fact that the Rancor will attempt to attack both if either of them approach it.
- Back to Factions
| NPC Factions and Units |
|NPC Factions||Anti-Troopers · Jedi Order · Temple Security Force · Royal Naboo Security Force · Wookiees · Gungans · Ewoks · Tusken Raiders|
|NPC Units||Acklay · Wampa · Gammorean · Jawa · Rancor · Geonosian · Sarlacc|
|NPC Heros||Queen Apailana · Gizor Delso · Jabba the Hutt · Jedi Hero|