- "The Separatists launch a second assault on Theed, the capital of Naboo, with the intent of capturing the Palace and forcing a complete surrender."
- — Galactic Assault description
Smaller modes such as Strike and the offline mode Arcade use smaller versions of the larger Galactic Assault map. Another map set on Naboo, Theed Hangar, is also used in Arcade, Blast, Heroes vs. Villains and Hero Showdown.
Theed is an urban map consisting of many buildings, streets, and alleys. The main street is shaped like a massive corridor, leading to the steps of the Royal Palace. The city's architecture exhibits the artistic nature of the Naboo people. The streets are lined with flowering trees, and the open squares are decorated by gardens and fountains. The buildings are made of the same sand-colored stone bricks, accented by the jade-green domes that top them.
In Galactic Assault, the Separatists spawn on the main street beside one of their MTTs, while the Republic troops begin on the other side of the first grand archway. From the Separatists side, non-playable (NPC) Battle Droids can be seen escorting Clone prisoners at the beginning of the match, while on the Republic side an LAAT gunship is seen depositing clone reinforcements. On both sides of the map, the citizens of Theed can be seen fleeing the map before the battle commences.
The map itself is made of a maze of streets on either side of the main road. Buildings, columns, planters, and Republic supply crates provide cover throughout the city. There is a marketplace halfway down the map on the left hand side, facing the palace. On the right, there is a small park with benches and fountains.
The Royal Palace is clearly the largest structure on the map, and only becomes available when the MTT reaches nears its entrance. The wide steps are lined by great statues of the Naboo deities. Once the doors are blasted open by the Seperatist tank, the entrance becomes cluttered by massive ruins. Inside, the floor and walls are made of reflective marble, and the corridors are lined with paintings of past kings and queens.
The throne room is made of the same marble, and is surrounded by columns. The queen's desk sits before a great window and faces the two staircases that lead up to it. On either side, there are doors leading to additional staircases, each with its own massive statue.
Theed is included in the map rotation of the following modes:
The following vehicles are playable on Theed in Galactic Assault:
- MTT (Objective for Galactic Assault, on-rails)
- Vulture Droid
- Droid Tri-Fighter
- Hyena-class bomber
- Theed served as the sole Galactic Assault map in the Star Wars Battlefront II beta.
- In Arcade, the throne room of the Royal Palace is currently the only playable portion of the map.
- Fixed a few areas where the player could get stuck when playing on Naboo.
- Naboo - Phase 2 of Galactic Assault has had balance tweaks.
- Fixed an issue where grenades could fall through the floor on Naboo and Kashyyyk.
- In Galactic Assault, updated spawns to help the Droids attack.
- In Galactic Assault, reduced health of the MTT.
- In Phase 2 of Galactic Assault, reduced the explosive objective timer.
- In Galactic Assault, blocked off some areas on Naboo where players could use aerial units to gain an unfair advantage over other players.