|LA-AT Gunship/Alliance Assault Craft|
Shuttle (SWBFII) Gunship (SWBFI)
(SWBFI) 5 1 Pilot, 3 gunners and 1 passenger (SWBFII) 4 1 Pilot, 1 Co-pilot and 2 gunners
The Low Altitude Assault Transport (LA-AT) Gunship, also known as the Republic Assault Gunship, is an aerial gunship and infantry transport for the Galactic Republic. It was later recommissioned as part of the Rebel Alliance's meagre forces as the Alliance Assault Craft. The ship in both Battlefront games is used as troop transport.
It has many different slots that can each hold one person. This means that the ship will re-heal very quickly if it is full of pilot class units. It has a lot of health in the first place, making it a force to be reckoned with. Almost every unit has a gun, making this ship very deadly to foes. The best feature of this ship, however, is the fact that it acts as a spawn point if parked in the enemy hangar. This is very nice, but you will need a lot of pilots to heal the ship with their fusion cutters while it is in the enemy hangar. (Equivalent- Sentinel-class Landing Craft, Droid Gunship)
|Particle Cannon Turret||Infinite Shots|
|Beam Cannon||Infinite Shots|
|Proton Torpedo||36 Count|
|Remote Rocket||Infinite Count|
|Laser Cannon x2||Infinite Shots|
|Beam Cannon x4||Infinite Shots|
|Homing Rocket||24 Count|
- Bespin: Platforms
- Geonosis: Spire
- Kashyyyk: Islands
- Kamino: Tipoca City (beta version) (modded map only)
- Utapau: Sinkhole (Campaign Mode Only) (Non Playable)
- Mygeeto: War-torn City (Campaign Mode Only) (Non Playable)
- Coruscant: Jedi Temple (Campaign Mode Only) (Non Playable)
- Kamino: Cloning Facility (Campaign Mode Only) (Non Playable)
- All Elite Sqadron Maps
- All Battlefront 2 Space Maps
- The Clone Gunship's role in the SWBFII space maps is out of place. A gunship is an attack craft for planetary atmospheres, a better choice for a Republic Shuttle would be the Nu-class or the Theta-class Shuttles.
- In the Star Wars universe, LA-AT/i Gunships are affectionately known as "Lartys" by various Republic clone troopers.
- The Rebel Alliance LA-AT uses a slightly different skin from the Republic one.
- In Star Wars: Battlefront I the LA-AT gunship has 5 crew members and fires green laser bolts but in Star Wars: Battlefront II it only has 4 crew members and fires blue laser bolts, making it one crew member short.
- In Star Wars: Battlefront there are 3 gunner seats but 4 laser guns. The third gunner controls both wingtip lasers.
- The Anti-Troopers used two LA-AT's in an attempt to defeat the Galactic Empire, both of which were blown up.
- In Battlefront II, the gunship's wing lasers do not fire.
- Perhaps the one of the largest differences between the LA-AT in Battlefront I and the LA-AT in Battlefront II is the fact that when the vehicle takes off, the blast doors do not shut. In Battlefront II, this is probably due to its usage as a space vehicle and the blast doors act like airlocks.
In space the LA-AT/i would be better replaced by either the Nu or Theta class shuttles.
- Back to Vehicles
| The Galactic Republic |
|Rebublic Units||Clone Trooper · Heavy Trooper · Clone Sharpshooter · Clone Engineer · Clone Commander · Jet Trooper ·|
|Customisable Units||Clone Commando · Clone Commander Neyo · Clone Commander Cody · AT-RT Driver · Clone Commander Bacara|
|Land Vehicles||AT-TE · AT-RT · IFT-X · A5-RX Battle Tank · BARC Speeder · 74-Z Speeder Bike · LA-AT Gunship · Republic Starfighter|
|Space Vehicles||ARC-170 Starfighter · V-Wing · Republic Interceptor · LA-AT Gunship · Acclamator-class Assault Ship · Victory II-class Frigate · Republic Attack Cruiser|
| The Rebel Alliance |
|Rebel Units||Rebel Soldier · Rebel Vanguard · Rebel Marksman · Rebel Smuggler · Bothan Spy · Wookiee Warrior ·|
|Land Vehicles||Rebel Combat Tank · Rebel Combat Landspeeder · T4-B Heavy Tank · Snowspeeder · 74-Z Speeder Bike|
|Space Vehicles||X-Wing · Y-Wing · A-Wing · Alliance Assault Craft · B-Wing · Millennium Falcon · Corellian Corvette · Rebel Transport · Nebulon B-class Frigate · Mon Calamari Star Cruiser · Home One|