Fighter (Ship Class)Edit
Fighters, or interceptors, are the fastest but most lightly-armoured ship class. They are designed for fighting ships, especially protecting capital ships against bombers. They are equipped with rapid-firing blaster cannons and salvos of homing rockets.
These are the fighters used by each faction:
- Fighters are the main ship-to-ship combatant. As such, there should be a squad of them near a friendly capital ship at any time.
- As fighters are very quick and nimble, a wise user should use this to their advantage against slower and less agile spacecraft.
- However, fighters have very low health so should not expect to last long if attacking a ship with more health.
- Fighters are not suited to head-on firefights as this takes advantage of the low health of the fighter while eliminating its speed advantage. A user should expect enemies trying to drag them into this situation.
- Fighters are more suited to close-up dogfights.
- Fighters are vulnerable to homing rockets.
- The laser cannons of a fighter are extremely deadly. They are quite weak per shot, but have a very high rate of fire, inflicting a lot of damage very quickly.
- The salvos of rockets are much more effective if the user is locked on to the target. If all the rockets hit it can cause massive damage.