Imperial Jump Troopers are the aerial units of the Galactic Empire in the Missions modes of Star Wars Battlefront and reappear in Star Wars Battlefront II as Imperial Rocket Troopers, the Aerial Reinforcement units of the Empire.
Star Wars Battlefront Edit
Jump Troopers, and their Rebel counterpart, are ranked as the second most dangerous enemies in the Missions modes, behind Shadow Troopers as they can cloak and appear out of thin air to ambush the player. Their appearance is that of the basic Stormtrooper armor with a Jetpack mounted on their backs.
During Combat, Jump Troopers (fortunately) cannot use the Jetpack and Personal Shield at the same time, when on foot, they use the shield to protect against enemy fire, and when proceeding to attack the player, they use the Jetpack to attack from above.
The Heavy Blaster they carry is extremely powerful in harder difficulties, allowing them to deal a hefty amount of damage to the player if not dealt with quickly.
When in the air, the jump troopers can stay airborne for an unlimited amount of time (unlike the Jump Pack which only permits short bursts) and they will not stop unless they are killed of they lose sight of their target.
NPC Attacks Edit
|RT-97C Heavy Blaster|
|Jetpack (visually identical to the Jump Pack)|
Star Wars Battlefront IIEdit
- "Precision and area attack are both qualities the Imperial Rocket Trooper delivers. Add the extra mobility from the jetpack and you understand the Empire's investment in these troopers."
- — In-game Description
Imperial Rocket Troopers are equipped with a heavy repeating blaster, the RT-97C. As their name suggests, they bring into combat with them a rocket launcher. The thrusters of their jetpack allow them to propel forward and upward for some flight.
- JETPACK BOOST: The JETPACK BOOST's thrusters are used to boost the Aerial upwards. Well suited for traversing obstructions and evading danger.
- ROCKET LAUNCHER: The ROCKET LAUNCHER fires an explosive projectile.
- JETPACK DASH: With the JETPACK DASH the Aerial adjusts their thrusters to dash forward. Ideal in narrow spaces and to surprise enemies.
Star Cards Edit
Boost Cards Edit
|Aerial Training||Improved Rocket Launcher||Battle Hardened||Survivalist||Improved Jetpack|
- Their appearance is based on the appearance of the Imperial Jumptroopers in the animated TV series Star Wars Rebels.
- As a goof, however, all Imperial Rocket Troopers in Star Wars Battlefront II have the appearance of a Jumptrooper Commander with an orange shoulder pad, which canonically indicates that all Rocket Troopers are commanders.
- Initially, in development, the appearance of the Rocket Trooper was going to be the same as the Imperial Jumptrooper in the Star Tours ride at Disney's Hollywood Studios. However, this was later changed to the appearance of the Imperial Jumptrooper in Star Wars Rebels, likely to adhere to the Star Wars canon.