- "Commander Iden Versio leads the special forces unit Inferno Squad. An expert pilot and soldier, she solves problems through unconventional means."
- — In-game Description
Iden Versio is the main protagonist for the campaign of DICE's Star Wars Battlefront II. Born on Vardos, a world loyal to the Empire, Iden is the commander of the Imperial special forces unit Inferno Squad—a team as equally lethal in the air as it is on the ground. Iden commands Agents Del Meeko and Gideon Hask, two elite soldiers serving in Inferno Squad. Inferno is also supported by Iden's droid. Her father, Garrick Versio, is an admiral stationed on the Eviscerator and is Iden's commanding officer. Iden goes on to have a daughter, Zay.
The campaign of Star Wars Battlefront II follows Iden Versio, the commander of Inferno Squad, an elite special forces unit of the Galactic Empire. She is ready to give her life for the Empire and end the hated Rebel Alliance once and for all until a fateful event changes everything. The last order given by a now-dead Emperor demands the purging of several planets, including her own homeworld of Vardos. Against her pleas, her father carries out the first order of Operation: Cinder and everything Iden thought she knew and trusted about the Empire is questioned.
- Droid Shield: Iden's droid creates a protective shield around her.
- Pulse Cannon: Fires long range, charged shots for heavy damage.
- Stun Droid: Iden's droid stuns an enemy. The stun can chain to nearby enemies.
- "They weren't expecting special forces!"
- — Emote 1
- "Avenger our emperor!"
- — Emote 2
- "Hope cannot save them!"
- — Emote 3
- "The Empire's time has come!"
- — Emote 4
- "The Empire sends it's regards!"
- — In-game
- Iden is featured on both the deluxe and standard edition covers of Star Wars Battlefront II, making her the only character to appear on both game editions.
- Despite being commander of Inferno Squad, she is the youngest member of the unit.
- She is portrayed by Janina Gavankar (motion capture and voice).
- Iden's theme, which is played several times in the campaign and when she spawns as a hero in multiplayer, is not too "dark" (evil) or "light" (good), referencing her defection from the Galactic Empire and later becoming a hero for the Rebel Alliance.