- "Plodding AT-AT walkers advance toward the Rebel position under air cover as Rebel defenders try to hold the position."
- — Star Wars Battlefront II website
In the first phase, Imperial snowtroopers must escort two AT-AT walkers deployed by Gozanti cruisers towards the identified Rebel base, traversing through icy caves and mountainous terrain while under fire by Rebel forces, including Rebel troops, defensive emplacements like cannons, and vehicles, including snowspeeders. Rebel forces must use ion disruptors and fire them at the AT-AT walkers, triggering a period of time during which the hit walker or walkers are vulnerable and can be damaged by other arms. Rebel troops must fire upon the walkers with ion disruptors and destroy them before they reach the final checkpoint.
If any AT-AT walker reaches the final checkpoint, then it blasts open the respective gate it reached protecting the Rebel base, beginning the second phase and allowing Imperial troops to rush in through the breach. However, if one of the walkers are destroyed before reaching the final checkpoint, then the gate it was approaching is left in tact, and Imperial troops must find another way in. Through the gates are two capture points that Imperial troops must secure in order to push the Rebel forces back deeper into their base.
If both control points are captured, then the third phase begins. Imperial forces pursue the Rebel troops further back into their base and must plant explosives on three objectives in order to ground the Rebels and prevent them from escaping in evacuation transports. Imperial troops must defend the planted explosives as they charge up for detonation while Rebel troops can disarm them. If all three charges go off, then the Empire wins. If any of the three charges fail to explode, then the Rebels are able to evacuate Hoth and win.
The following is a list of modes that Outpost Delta can be played in:
- Outpost Delta was first mentioned in the canon tie-in novel for DICE's Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefront: Twilight Company, by Alexander Freed.
- Outpost Delta's name being 'Delta' suggests it is stationed further away from the main Echo Base, further even from the previous game's Outpost Beta.
- Outpost Delta on Wookieepedia