- "A powerful and accurate blaster rifle, the E-11 is ideal for use in all environments. It has been adopted as the standard weapon of the Imperial Forces."
- — In-game description
The E-11 is a relatively small blaster rifle featuring optics for use at a longer range. Demonstrating its high Cooling Power, the weapon is equipped with cooling vents across its barrel, as well as an extendable stock, used to fire from different positions or carry more comfortably.
Star Wars BattlefrontEdit
In Star Wars canon, the E-11 was designed to perform well in any given situation, hence why it was the trademark firearm of the Galactic Empire. This vision is translated well into the game, with the E-11, despite being one of the two starting weapons in the game (the other the A280C Blaster Rifle), it can still hold its own against more powerful weapons unlocked at later levels, such as the DL-44 Blaster Pistol.
In the modes Survival and Skirmish, the E-11 is used by Imperial soldiers at the Normal difficulty level. At higher difficulty levels of these two modes, enemies instead opt for the EE-3 Blaster Rifle. As Normal difficulty entails less damage and accuracy from AI soldiers, the E-11 used by them deals around 17-18 damage. In Survival, enemy soldiers deal even less damage.
The E-11 is entirely free for all Imperial forces, although for the use of Rebels, the blaster can be obtained at Rank 8 for 1,550 Credits.
Princess Leia's E-11Edit
Princess Leia's E-11
|Rate of fire||300 RPM|
|Cooling Power||20 shots|
0.05 heat per shot
Start drop-off: 30m
- Strong against: low range weaponry at a range, most notably Blaster Pistols, or Heavy Blasters at generally any range
- Weak against: more powerful weaponry at point blank range, again most notably Blaster Pistols or certain Blaster Rifles
By virtue of its decent damage output, fully-automatic—and equally fast—rate of fire pattern, good accuracy, and low heat per shot, the E-11 solidifies itself as a balanced weapon capable of functioning at all ranges and generally all situations. Up to 10 meters, the blaster will do a maximum of 35 damage, equalling a 3-shot kill at closer range, before gradually hitting its minimum of 15 damage at 60 meters. In close range engagements, due to the blaster's above-average damage, it can win gunfights with relative ease, although playing aggressively and attacking enemies blindly is not how the blaster should be played.
Similar to the A280C Blaster Rifle, it rewards stealthy players that flank on the regular: being able to avoid as many gunfights as possible ignores the possibility of losing to many of the game's pistols and rifles that outmatch it at point blank ranges. At a longer range, while its damage drop-off is relatively mediocre, its good accuracy and scope makes up for this.
Generally speaking, it lives up to its description as a blaster "ideal for use in all environments".
Use of the Scout Trait is especially useful when flanking from behind and attacking unsuspecting opponents, and ignores its relatively low damage output in favour of more stealthy kills.
The E-11's main counter is, in particular, blasters capable of defeating it at closer ranges, most notably blaster pistols ─ as shown by this chart, all blasters pictured above the E-11 have the potential to beat it at a closer range. The E-11 performs at its best at a distance, where it can gradually pick off enemies usually capable of beating it at a closer range. When faced up against the likes of the DL-44, SE-14C, or EE-4 in their respective ranges, it is likely to lose.
Star Wars Battlefront IIEdit
- Despite the E-11 being the primary blaster of Princess Leia, she only uses it twice in the original trilogy, both times taken from Imperial forces.
- In canon, the E-11's large and advanced cooling module allowed for a number of shots to be fired before overheating—in all canon sources this is declared as around 100, although in-game, in order to balance the weapon, this has been narrowed down to 19.
- http://symthic.com/battlefront-weapon-info?w=E-11 ─ E-11 Blaster stats on Symthic.com
- http://symthic.com/battlefront-compare?E-11_vs_A280C ─ E-11 versus the A280C comparison on Symthic.com