- "Hahahaha, I can't believe I'm getting paid for this!"
- — Intro Dialogue
Dengar appeared in The Empire Strikes Back, along with various bounty hunters who were given the bounty of the Millennium Falcon.
Dengar is an aggressive bounty hunter who is great for pushing with his team or playing as a lone wolf. He is the first hero to use a heavy blaster, which is extremely powerful against regular infantry as well as other heroes. He also has a trait called "Tough Fighter". This trait increases his armor as he deals more damage to heroes and kills enemies. This armor reduces incoming damage from adversaries.
Level 1: 15% Damage Reduction
Level 2: 40% Damage Reduction
Level 3: 60% Damage Reduction
Dengar has three abilities:
- Frenzied Blast: Dengar increases his blaster's rate of fire for a short amount of time. This ability is very powerful if used at the right time, but has its drawbacks. The ability creates difficult amounts of recoil and is not particularly accurate, but does not overheat. Dengar cannot sprint or jump while this is activated, but he can use his other two abilities.
- Hurricane Strike: Dengar rushes toward his opponent with blinding speed and hits said opponent with the blunt end of his blaster. This originally could kill Luke with just one hit before a patch on Monday, June 27 came out.
- Explosive Rush: Dengar will rush forward and throw three explosives to his front, right, and left. If any enemy is present in those areas, the explosive will stick to one of them. All explosives thrown will explode after a few seconds and kill all enemies around. Dengar originally tossed more explosives prior to a patch, which would cause more enemies to be killed.
- "I'm gonna smack you in the head next."
- — Upon killing an enemy soldier
- "Spraying bolts!"
- — Upon activating Frenzied Blast
- "I should've taken the other job!"
- — At low health
- "Am I supposed to bow?"
- — Upon attacking Princess Leia
- "Hahaha! I love it!"
- — Upon killing an enemy
- "I've got more toys, Solo!"
- — upon Han Solo entering the match
- "You're gonna take a dirt nap!"
- — Either emote or upon killing a certain amount of enemies
- "Alright, I'm all charged up!"
- — Upon activating Frenzied Blast
- "Cracking skulls!"
- — Upon activating Hurricane Strike
- Dengar was played by Morris Bush in The Empire Strikes Back.
- He is armed with a DLT-19 Heavy Blaster, making him the first (and only) hero to wield a heavy blaster. However, his primary weapon in the mainstay of the franchise is a Valken-38X (but the Valken-38X did not exist in the Battlefront series until 2017's Battlefront II).
- He is the third hero who wasn't playable in the original games (The others being Nien Nunb, Greedo, Bossk, Jyn Erso, and Orson Krennic) .
- After Dengar's character was released after Bespin Expansion pack, Dengar was much more robust and stronger. His abilities were nerfed as his Hurricane Strike normally killed a hero instantly. His armor trait was too overpowered so it was nerfed down.
- He is voiced by Simon Pegg in Star Wars: Battlefront (2015).
Dengar is mainly a huge block in the game who pushes back rebel infantry from uplinks or defending points in Supremacy or Turning Point. He is liable to do this but he is as well very exposed to the enemies. Unlike Vader, he does not have the ability to deflect or unlike Krennic, he has no shield to take cover. Dengar's most useful place is in Heroes Vs Villains. In tight compact places like Jabba's palace, Dengar is very dangerous. Since he has armour trait which will boost up whilst killing infantry or fighting heroes, he will resist damage and will attack more to the enemy.
If you face 1 vs 1 with Dengar and Chewbacca ( for example ) in a very close quartered area, Dengar is very very amazing. Strike Chewbacca with a Hurricane Strike and run into cover or re-strike Chewbacca with proximity bombs so that the explosion of his proximity bombs will affect Chewbacca greatly. Then, use Frenzied Blast which will shoot multiple blaster shots which will decrease Chewbacca's health. If you have another hero behind you in a enclosed area, escape or if you can't, try throwing proximity bombs to create an escape route.
Dengar is also very effective in huge map games like Walker Assault if you use him correctly. Dengar' DLT-19 can be used as a long ranged gun. Unlike Bossk, it takes a couple of shots before you kill infantry. Dengar is very mobile, he can go very wild in 1 vs 10 combats in Walker Assault. Dengar' combat roll is effective to dodge attacks. He can do unexpected attacks after he combat rolls like the Hurricane Strike. Once activated, he can immediately do the ability after combat rolling.