Death Troopers are special units for the Galactic Empire in DICE's Star Wars Battlefront and Star Wars Battlefront II, appearing as the hero bodyguards for Director Krennic in Star Wars Battlefront and as Enforcer Reinforcement units for the Empire in Star Wars Battlefront II.
Star Wars BattlefrontEdit
In Star Wars Battlefront, Death Troopers are the bodyguards of Director Krennic. Their abilities differ from the other types of bodyguards in the game, which both have a Homing Shot and Smart Rocket ability. Death Troopers, in contrast, have three abilities: Thermal Imploder, Cooling Cell, and Smart Rocket.
DLT-19: Death Troopers wield a more powerful version of the DLT-19 Heavy Blaster as their primary weapon, allowing them to quickly dispatch enemies from close-to-medium range.
Thermal Imploder: Death Troopers can throw a Thermal Imploder with their first ability. It delivers nearly the same feel as the imploder you get as a pickup.
Cooling Cell: Death Troopers can stop their upgraded DLT-19 Heavy Blasters from overheating for a short period by activating their center ability, a Cooling Cell.
Smart Rocket: The Death Trooper's third and final ability, and the only ability that it shares with the other bodyguards. Can be reused at vehicles and large groups of enemies.
While Death Troopers will naturally want to stay close to Orson Krennic in order to receive the armor boost, they are generally more powerful in close quarters. This is where large groups of enemies are, and the Thermal Imploder and Smart Rocket will kill more people per shot. For open areas, avoid using the Thermal Imploder, because it takes too long to detonate, giving the enemy time to escape. If both the Imploder and Smart Rocket are on cooldown, use the Cooling Cell when facing large groups of enemies to boost your firepower, as this will give you significantly more shots before you will have to cool your weapon. Don't leave Krennic while facing enemies, as you have very little health and can die incredibly fast.
Star Wars Battlefront IIEdit
- "The elite soldiers of Imperial Intelligence, Death Troopers live up to their name through skill, deadly weaponry, and superior armor."
- — In-game Description
Death Troopers pack a punch with their high rate of fire DLT-19 Heavy Blaster. Their armor also grants them additional health above normal infantry and they come into battle with a Sonic Imploder that blinds nearby enemies and reveals their positions behind cover.
- Sonic Imploder: A grenade capable of concussing opponents, obscuring their view and decreasing movement speed. In short range, the Sonic Imploder deals medium amounts of damage.
- Overload: In exchange for making the Death Trooper nearly immobile, the primary DLT-19 weapon has an exponentially higher fire rate, infinite cooling power, and no spread at range.
- Fortify: Increases the player's current Health by 175.
- They are of the few variants of Stormtroopers that didn't appear in the original Battlefront series by Pandemic Studios as they first appeared in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
- In Star Wars Battlefront, Death Troopers do not speak at all. A developer has confirmed that in Star Wars Battlefront II, they will speak with their familiar scrambled voices from Rogue One and Star Wars Rebels.