|Force Power 2:|
Darth Vader is an Imperial villain in Pandemic Studios' Star Wars: Battlefront and Star Wars: Battlefront II. In the first game, Darth Vader is not controllable and only appears in select campaign missions or Galactic Conquest. In Battlefront II, players can become Darth Vader and use his two abilities, Force Choke and Saber Throw, to the advantage of the Imperial team.
In the first Battlefront, Darth Vader appears only in select campaign missions and in any Imperial Galactic Conquest battles in in which the hero bonus is activated. Additionally, Darth Vader cannot be controlled. Instead, he spawns at the start of the match and will proceed to eliminate enemy soldiers until the end of the match or until he is thrown off the map area.
His only ability is his lightsaber. He can deflect all blaster fire, including rocket launcher shells. This makes him impervious to all forms of damage, although Darth Vader will still react to explosives near him, allowing him to be thrown off a ledge.
Darth Vader is a slow but powerful fighter who wields a red-bladed lightsaber. His attacks consist of slow, powerful slashes. Vader is one of the slowest characters in the game, moving at a walking pace, which limits his range when attacking. Vader is capable of levitating through the Force, known as force flight, which allows him to reach higher altitudes despite his lack of agility. This ability is tied with his stamina bar. When jumping, Vader is able to attack with a single swipe, which brings him down to ground level. When sprinting, Vader can attack with one powerful but inaccurate slash, which destroys any momentum he had.
- Vader's sprint attack has two critical flaws. The first is that it is highly inaccurate. If the player wants to fight exclusively as Vader, they need to practice hitting targets with Vader's sprint attack if they are to be proficient. The second flaw is that Vader is easily manipulated by the terrain when sprint attacking, and he can go flying into the air over his intended target if not careful.
- It is important to note that the second flaw can be used to the player's advantage, especially in Mos Eisley and Tantive IV. Sprinting at upward-curving bases of walls will propel Vader in the air much like his force flight ability, with the added bonus of not using any stamina. The player can use this behavior to quickly traverse the battlefield as Vader and evade enemies.
|Vaders's lightsaber||Infinite use|
|Vaders's lightsaber||Infinite use|
|Force Choke||Infinite use|
|Saber Throw||Infinite use|
- Dagobah: Swamp (Dark Spirit)
- Hoth: Echo Base
- Endor: Bunker
- Tantive IV: Interior
- Tatooine: Mos Eisley (Hero Assault)
- Yavin IV
- The in-game attack stance for Darth Vader is Form 2, Makashi, the stance also used by Count Dooku. The stance should be Form 5, Djem So.
- In Battlefront I, Darth Vader has been known to instantly kill Rebel vehicles including the Rebels hover tank.
- In Battlefront II, Darth Vader can use Force choke for an unlimited time if the player holds and uses Force Choke and hits the button that switch force power very fast.
- Darth Vader is one of the few if not the only character that can counter balance themselves in mid-flight if they are Force Pulled. In addition to counter balancing in mid flight, Vader can counter attack the Jedi that Force Pulled him with a jumping attack.
- Back to Heroes / Villains
| Heroes/Villains |
|Galactic Republic||Aayla Secura · Falon Grey · Ferroda · Ki-Adi-Mundi · Kit Fisto · Mace Windu · Obi-Wan Kenobi · X2 · Yoda|
|Galactic Empire||Anakin Skywalker · Boba Fett · The Emperor · Darth Vader · IG-88 · X1|
|Separatist Alliance||Asajj Ventress · Count Dooku · Darth Maul · Darth Sidious · General Grievous · Jango Fett|
|Rebel Alliance||Admiral Ackbar · Chewbacca · Col Serra · Han Solo · Lando Calrissian · Luke Skywalker · Obi-Wan Kenobi · Princess Leia · Rahm Kota · Yoda|