|DC-15 Blaster Rifle|
|Rate of Fire:||
0.5 seconds per shot
The DC-15 blaster rifle is a weapon used by the Clone Troopers and Marines. It rapidly fires blue plasma bolts that can be deadly to most infantry if the gun is mastered.
The long-barreled DC-15 emits a powerful blue plasma bolt, specially designed to shred infantry and vehicle units alike. The DC-15 Blaster Rifle was designed by the Kaminoans for the Clones to use. This rifle shared it's stock design with the DP-23 Shotgun of the Clone Engineer. The DC-15 is comparable to the similar DH-17 Blaster Rifle of the Rebel Alliance, and to the less accurate, but more deadly E-11 Blaster Rifle of the Galactic Empire and the E-5 Blaster Rifle of the Separatist Alliance.
This rifle is quite difficult to master. It's power is good, but it does not fire so fast as the other rifles. If mastered, it can be deadly at a long and medium range. However it is better not to use it at a close range because you will waste A LOT of ammo (because it has a bit slower fire rate). You had better tell your friends with shotguns if someone gets too close, but you should try to hit him before your friends. This will save you if you have full ammo, it's one on one, and you are close to a gonk droid. A good and well-tested way to use it as a light sniper rifle is to fire it in 2-shot bursts.
- This rifle shares it's in-game appearance with the DP-23 Shotgun of the Clone Engineer.
- The in game DC-15a has a different, more squarish, design than in the films.
- During an original version of the game, as shown by the first Star Wars: Battlefront trailer, all Republic units were to have been armed with this blaster rifle as their primary weapon.
- This rifle's skin is very common on Battlefront 1 and 2, even used for the weapons that look nothing like the DC-15.
- In DICE's Star Wars Battlefront II, this blaster is used for the Clone Heavy Trooper.