In Battlefront, Bossk is a hero for the Galactic Empire. Players must first own the Death Star expansion pack in order to play as Bossk. He was added in the Death Star Update alongside the Rebel Alliance hero Chewbacca.
In Battlefront II, Bossk is a Dark Side hero. He can be played in all three eras but only for the Dark Side factions: the Separatists, Galactic Empire, or First Order. Bossk is one of the four default-unlocked Dark Side heroes, the others being Iden Versio, Kylo Ren, and Darth Maul.
Star Wars Battlefront IIEdit
- Dioxis Grenade: Bossk throws a grenade that releases a cloud of poisonous gas.
- Predator Instincts: Bossk gains heat vision and enhanced strength as he loads high-damage micro grenades.
- Proximity Mines: Bossk throws three sticky mines that can be detonated on command.
|Lingering Dioxis||Multi-Traps||Name Your Poison||Predator Resilience|
|Sniper Expert||Spreading the Disease||Trap Arming Speed||Ultimate Predator|
- Relby V-10 - Reduced recoil from 5 to 2.2
- Explosive Traps - Reduced damage from 80 to 76 per trap
- Multi-Trap - Fixed the Blast Damage Radius to fit the star cards numbers
- Increased Predator Instinct's heat per bullet by 0.005
- Decreasing Predator Instinct's maximum possible active time while firing by 1 second
- Adjusted Bossk's Battle Points cost on certain maps
- Fixed an issue where players would get progress toward Bossk specific milestones when playing as Han Solo.
Star Wars BattlefrontEdit
Bossk's trait, Trandoshan Regeneration, will allow him to restore two health points with each kill, as Trandoshans are known for being able to regenerate severed limbs.
- Micro-Grenades: Upon usage, Bossk switches his Relby to grenade mode which fires one grenade per shot at enemy forces. If a grenade hits an enemy soldier, it will kill them upon impact.
- Predatory Instincts: Bossk uses a Predator-style heat detection which detects enemies, friendlies, and himself. Bossk will also gain enhanced melee strength allowing him to sprint faster. Predatory Instincts can be countered if he is within areas of smoke. It can also be used to see in the event that he is hit with a sonic imploder.
- Toxic Escape: Bossk drops a Dioxis Grenade, and then launches in whatever direction the player steers him. Unlike regular dioxis grenades, this one is much more powerful, and can take a lot of health away at a quick pace. He will also regain health per each soldier that dies.
Bossk, as his name suggests, is best used at long range. His Relby packs a big punch and takes a long time to overheat, so don't be afraid to blast away at enemies. It is also important to note that the micro grenades are extremely good at taking out heroes, squad shields, and large groups of enemies. His toxic escape ability is great for putting space between you and an enemy which managed to get close to you. His predatory instincts should generally be left on, as they give heat vision, decreased cooldowns, increased damage, and faster sprint speed. Whether the fight is in a cramped tunnel or an open battlefield, Bossk is best used to give heavy fire from a distance. Bossk is also a great counter to enemy snipers because of his heat vision and long-range weapon. Combining his Toxic Escape ability with a well timed jump can allow Bossk to gain extra height.
- Reduced Microgrenades inner radius from 3 to 2.5 meters.
- Reduced Microgrenades radius from 5 to 4 meters.
- Predatory Instincts will no longer randomly turn off.
- He is the sixth hero who wasn't playable in Pandemic Studios' Star Wars: Battlefront series.
- He is voiced by Dee Bradley Baker in Battlefront and Battlefront II.
- In Battlefront, Bossk is the second and final villain to not be human, the other being Greedo.
- In Battlefront, Bossk is the only villain who can regain health without the use of a pickup.
- In Battlefront II, sometimes, when killing someone, Bossk will sometimes mention the scorekeeper, who is someone that the Trandoshans honor by getting kill points from hunting, as Bossk will say both, "I honor the scorekeeper," or "The scorekeeper favors me."