Star Wars BattlefrontEdit
A-Wings are fast and capable interceptor spacefighters that are known for their fast speed. They are often utilized to take out enemy ships in space combat. The A-wings are collectively under the call sign Green Squadron. Players often choose the A-Wing as a primary ground strafing vehicle, as they are fast and can cause massive damage to enemy players
Weapons & Abilities Edit
A-Wing has one primary weapon and two special abilities for use:
Blaster Cannon: Primary weapon for the A-Wing. Blaster Cannons fire two shots that will hurt Imperial players/starfighters upon impact.
Speed Boost: The first ability for the A-Wing. Gives you a burst of speed for a short time. Useful for evading an enemy lock-on. This was originally a shield ability, before a patch from the Death Star DLC changed it.
Concussion Warhead: The second special ability for the A-Wing. It is also the secondary weapon for the A-Wing. A Concussion warhead is a short range missile that homes in on a target if a full lock-on is achieved. They can also be fired without being locked-on so you can fire on the ground. Concussion warheads are handy for a bombing run or dealing big damage to Imperial starfighters.
Star Wars Battlefront II Edit
Weapons & Abilities Edit
The RZ-1 A-Wing has three abilities to use:
- Afterburner: Gives the ship an instant speed boost beyond its maximum speed for a long time. The speed boost can be cancelled by the player after a short time.
- Target Lock: When activated, you cannot lose your current target and time to achieve a missile lock is reduced. Additionally, the target is outlined and receives extra damage from all sources.
- Concussion Missile: Fires a fast missile that tracks the locked target and does moderate damage.
- The call sign Green Squadron cannonically originates to a squadron of A-wings that flew during the Battle of Endor.
- This is currently one of the only three vehicles the Rebels can pilot in the air.
- The A-Wing originally had a very small hit-box, which was a massive complaint of the game, until a patch made the hit-box bigger so it could make it easier to defeat.
- Both the TIE Interceptor and the A-Wing's abilities were changed with the launch of the Death Star Expansion Pack (The A-Wing's shield boost was changed to speed boost, and the TIE Interceptor's ion torpedo was changed to Laser Barrage)
The A-Wing is a prime dogfighter. Use its speed boost to get the edge on your opponents or to get away from them, and then destroy them with the laser cannons and missile launcher.